To celebrate the launch of The Money Drain, I will be giving away a $50 amazon.com gift card to a random reader several times this summer to help promote the site. If you’re anything like me, you have a massive wish-list of items you’ve wanted forever on amazon.com, so a free gift like this is right up your alley. A $50 gift card would make or could buy a nice fathers day gift, just sayin’ 🙂
The rules will be simple and a winner will be chosen at random.
To win a $50 amazon.com gift card for this week, we’re looking for stories on how people have flushed money down the drain. It doesn’t matter what amount, $10, $1,000, so long as you have experienced or know of a story where someone cost themselves cash.
How to enter:
1. Submit a money drain story through our website to help others learn from the mistake made in the story. You can request the story be posted anonymously.
3. Leave a comment on this post with your name or pseudonym stating that you entered.
4. Want an extra entry? Submit up to two stories and get an extra entry in the drawing for the gift card.
5. For a third entry, follow us on Twitter and retweet about this contest, or like us on Facebook. This third entry only qualifies if you’ve already submitted a story. Post a comment below once you’ve either retweeted or liked us on facebook.
6. Your stories for this contest must be submitted before 11:59pm on June 5th, Eastern Time.
A winner will be picked at random on June 6th. I will hold additional contests throughout the summer so don’t hesitate to follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, subscribe to our RSS Feed, or sign up for our mailing list on the right 🙂