Each month I post the end of month report for the amount of money wasted throughout the Money Drain stories posted here. June’s report will also include the end of May, since this is a newly launched site.
Total Money flushed down the money drain for June 2011: $481,200
- $2500 – Contracts with Friends are Necessary
- $300,000 – Trying the “Get Rich Quick” schemes lost them everything
- $90,000 – The Expenses of Hoarding
- $90 – Reading the Fine Print on Cellphone Contracts
- $30 – My Tag Renewal was almost Double
- $3,000 – Breaking Your Car Out of Anger
- $150 – Relationships Affected by Money ($50 Giftcard Contest Winner!)
- $175 – Blaming Others for Your Overdrafts
- $80,000 – Not Adjusting Spending when Income Lessens
- $80 – The Unnecessary Hotel Bill
- $100 – Ignoring Repairs Makes Large Bills
- $75 – The $76 Song from iTunes
- $5000 – Spending tax return on frivolities
There were a few other Money Drain stories that didn’t really have a dollar amount as well, but these are the known amounts.